Sunday, May 8, 2011

180 Degrees?

Another Mother's Day has come and gone without a word from my daughter. I really did not expect to hear from her, but there is always this little shred of hope tucked into the back of my mind. She is a mother too, how would she feel if her kids ignored her on Mother's Day? Maybe she will find out in the future. I sure don't wish it for her.

I am going to try a different concept on for size and see how it fits. Instead of hoping and waiting to hear, I will practice being happy NOT to hear. Maybe God does no answer my prayer for a good reason. Maybe, maybe. I cannot second guess God's will or fate. My daughter could be doing me a favor by keeping me out of her life. Do I even want her in mine? I am not sure.

I read so many parents' blogs about being there for their children during and after recovery. I must have done everything wrong, because my daughter is not interested in my help in any way. She has a support group that does not include me. Sometimes I wonder where I have gone wrong. She has a husband who is a strong influence in her life and he does not want me in it. I will continue the grieving process...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Bris. You didn't do anything wrong. You have an asshole for a daughter. It happens. Continue to grieve, and add more prayer that God will bring those babies into your life. Check the laws in the state in which she resides, and in which you reside. See if there is a Grandparent's Visitation Law on the books. Maybe it's time to be pro-active? maybe not. {{{hugs}}}}

Dad and Mom said...

Ditto to what dawn said.

Bar L. said...

Double Ditto! I wasn't going to use Dawn's exact words, but I had the same message to share :)

yaya said...

My daughter and I make beleive we have a relationship and it's only because I am raising her kids and she wants to see them.

If it wasn't for those babies, I would have nothing to do with my daughter. She is supposedly in recovery, lives one town away, hanging out with losers, shoplifing and continuing to lie about everything.

I can say without hesitation that my daughter is indeed an Asshole. You are probably fortunate to not be involved in all the drama.

As for your grandbabies, who knows?

God Bless.

Bristolvol said...

Yaya,
I have been through all the drama for 6 years straight. Yes, I am starting to believe that she is an asshole. What daughter ignores her mother if she is doing as well as she tries to make people believe that she is? Can't fool me any longer. If she has no use for me, it's her loss. Her dad is taking good care of her and her family. Thank you for commenting...