My husband and I have never been big on celebrating Valentine's Day in the past, especially since my birthday is just 6 days later. There is only so much celebrating you can do! I was really surprised when he told me about a famous upscale hotel chain in town advertising their V D Weekend Special and that he wanted to go! We had just won $200.00 on a Superbowl board last Sunday and he thought that this was the perfect way to spend it. So we are going to check into a local hotel, eat chocolate covered strawberries, drink champagne, eat dinner, dance to live music, have breakfast in the morning and don't have to check out till 2 p.m. Sounds like a perfect date to me! I would have never felt up to doing something like this just 2 years ago. Time changes everything. I have learned to concentrate on my life and make the best of my marriage instead of weighing it down with constant worries that will not change a thing. Life is good.
Happy Valentine's Day!
3 comments:
oh what a glorious time that sounds like. have a BLAST and dance for me LOL
Oh my gosh...that sounds absolutely wonderful. And that HE thought of it makes it even better!! Have fun!!! Savor every second. :o)
enjoy enjoy enjoy....excellent idea !!! :)
Post a Comment